Are you starting to feel like your family is stuck on the couch? Many people are getting more inactive due to COVID-19 stay-at-home guidelines, but a sedentary lifestyle is no good for long-term health. Here are some ideas from Houston Hotel Magazine to help your family find fun ways to get up and move!
There are more fitness options in your home than you might realize:
- Here’s a great stair workout to try.
- No weights? Check out this list of household substitutes.
- This HIIT workout is family-friendly and easy to do anywhere.
Working out can seem tough when you’re stuck at home, but remember you have options. A sedentary lifestyle can start to impact your family’s health relatively quickly, so get moving and stay healthy!
Don’t want to go out? Hop online for fun activities you can do anywhere:
- Follow a YouTube dance tutorial to get moving with your kids.
- For live Zoom classes with fellow fitness friends from literally everywhere, try thevfitstudio.com.
- Family yoga classes are a great way to practice meditation, strength, and flexibility.
- Make sure you have good WiFi or data connection to keep the fun going.
Cabin fever is best cured by getting out of the cabin!
With proper precautions, you and your family can enjoy a day at the park. Running, biking, and skating are all safe, socially-distant ways to exercise outdoors. Younger children can enjoy getting active with one of these DIY backyard obstacle courses.
Leave us a comment and let us know your favorite emotional and/or pysical fitness boost from pandemic cabin fever!